Thursday, May 24, 2007

Our Discharge Dying Day

Yesterday, my friends & I had a great day playing with different plain fabrics and doing 'Reverse' or 'Discharge' Dying. These example are some of the ones that I finished up with. I'm really pleased with the two dark colour strips in this photo. They started out good quality black homespun (100% cotton). The middle piece has all different images on it and will make great postcards in the future. I laid out the top piece with different images longways on the fabric, it looks good as well. The pink strip has a lovely Lacy image on it.


These pink squares all started out purple, example in photo (left bottom). We had quite an array of items to create these great images on the purple fabric... Ranging from a dried "Bird of Paradise Flower", a lovely piece of lace from a St Vinnie purchase, Gutter Mesh, Microwave tray, Doilies, fencing nails, nuts, straight nails, fishing hooks (raided Hubby's shed for a lot of these) Now he's threatened to raid my sewing room when he needs another grease rag..LOL


This is my friend Lyn holding up a couple of her efforts... They both started out navy, I think... so you never know what colour you're going to get until you do it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

crazyQstitcher said...

These materials look fabulous and I would love to be able to make one. No workshops near me alas.

I agree that they will make great postcards.

Judy Rys said...

Love the discharge results. Did you put watered down bleach in a spray bottle? Try using soft scrub with bleach & stamping on fabric.