Tuesday, August 07, 2012

More Blocks for the CCJP Blog


My February Block - RED

Well I have finally completed five blocks for my wall hanging "Jewel Box". These blocks are a part of my contribution to the CCJP Blog 2012... I am enjoying the small blocks very much, I have always wanted to do some 'Tone-On-Tone' crazy, and I saw this as my perfect chance...
This my Red Block


                                                   Close up of my Shell Stitch...

Here are my 'Pine Cones'...

Some SRE roses to fill a patch...

My sunburst tribal face...


This little treasure was given to me on an "Inchie" some years ago, it was such a perfect shade to match my block I had to use it...

~ooOOOoo~

My March Block - Blue

Here is my Blue Block - I had so much fun embellishing this one. I love blue...


Close up of my hand dyed motif and beading

This the top part of the block, again my pine-cones have been added. These are my common theme in all blocks...

Now here's a close up of my majestic dragonfly,it was so much fun, bringing him to life.

~ooOOOoo~


My April Block - Green 

This my green block, I found this one very hard to bring together. Just using green threads didn't work, so added some shades of tan, yellow...


This is another Paisley, but the first one on these blocks...


Here's a close up of my 'Pine Cones' and my Shell stitch. Oh and another Spider-web. The small flowers on the right are Mokuba Rosettes, made from picot ribbon.


~ooOOOoo~


My May Block - Yellow - 'Imagine'

My yellow block is a little bit brighter that this photo shows, it will be another addition to my "Jewel Box" wall hanging...


My "Pine Cones" in the middle and various stitches - and my 'Imagine' embellishment...

Close up of my SRE roses...

~ooOOOoo~

I'm now working on my June block - Pink... I'm also working on an Round Robin I have joined with the SSC Yahoo Group. I also have another 2 blocks to do for the "Christmas Cracker" Swap.
So stay tuned for more of my work in the next few months...


5 comments:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

All of them are beautiful!

Ozjane said...

Such lovely work. Congratulations.
The red clam shell really caught my eye. But all are glorious.

NickiLee said...

What pretty blocks! I especially love all your "shell" stitches - you have perfected them.

Linda Steele said...

I love your blocks, what a great idea.

Bobbie said...

my goodness you do gorgeous work Faye ... wish i had a portion of your creativity ...

well done ...